Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ever Heard of HelpSaveOne.Org?

I still can't believe that shelters gas dogs to death. Isn't that ridiculous?

At HelpSaveOne.org, you'll also find a list of urgent dogs. These dogs are literally on the last day of their life. Websites like these help get the word out to rescues and volunteers to pull dogs from shelters and save their life.

Our current foster dog was less than 12 hours away from being put to sleep. Can you believe it?

This is why adopting and fostering is so important. There are MILLIONS of animals that are put to sleep each year, whether it be from gassing chambers or needles or even other means of euthanasia.

I urge y'all to keep up with websites like these and be inspired to donate, foster or just compliment everyone on their cause.

Ok, I'll stop going all PETA on you... (But also look at Dogs in Danger, this website gives the amount of days a dog has left...)

2 comments:

Nest LMFB said...

I got Patch (my new foster puppy) from Help Save One. He' adorable, but, I can't wait until he goes to his new home on Saturday!

Douglas the Dog said...

Mommy cries when she goes on that website.