Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Typical Christmas Picture

Eh. We all have one right? I'm not a parent yet, so I have to be a proud doggie parent.

But you know, this year I was thinking that I didn't want to send out pictures in Christmas cards, especially of just the dog. I mean, seriously, what family members of mine want to see a picture of only the dog?

So this was taken just for us. And he's so dang cute. He has so many wrinkles and is such a squishy face dog.

I really don't know the reason why someone would give up on him - though I do have to say, there are so many people out there that don't know how to care for high energy animals and think that animals are supposed to care for themselves.

Some days I'd like to know his previous owner so I can ask a lot of questions like, "Why the heck is he afraid of the fridge?" or "Why didn't you give him heartworm medication?" or "Why on earth was he 15 pounds underweight?"

And then I know why people who adopt animals probably shouldn't know their adoptees previous owners. I don't think I'd be very nice. But then again, I'm glad we have Rusty!

No comments: