Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The ORKA Chew Toy

Rusty loves his interactive toys, especially his Tug-a-Jug which I have to refill at least once a week (I put two cups of kibble in it - he can use the extra food!) and now this new toy.It's called an Orka chew toy. Two ends are hollow and go through the entire toy - meaning you can fill it with treats. If you fill it with softer treats but that are larger, Rusty has a hard time getting them out but it keeps him entertained. There are two other ends which don't go all the way through, but you can fill with peanut butter and it lasts a little bit - but definitely not as long as a frozen Kong.

Total time lasted: 21 minutes

I haven't really used this as a throw toy - because it is hard so it would break a window, the Wii, a vase, the TV, whatever. I'll take it outside later this week and see how it does at the park, but it does float which is sort of why I bought it in the first place. When Rusty moves to Minnesota, he's going to need something to chase in the lake.

Perfect! I just hope that squirrels don't swim!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: