Thursday, February 12, 2009

Take A Bow: Pet Project Rescue

I have these fabulous friends, Matt and Maia who are incredibly passionate about rescuing animals. From small dogs to big, their hearts have endless room for furry friends. Every time we visit we get to meet a fabulous new friend who just loves to cuddle or play.

And then we got Rusty from the White River Animal Shelter in Bedford (which I'm positive is a kill shelter, but I can't be too positive because I think it depends on the amount of animals they get).

Ever since, I've been a little gung ho on getting animals from shelters! There's way too many of them out there to go to a breeder (but by all means, if you want a purebred retriever for hunting, go for it, I'm not stopping you because you have a purpose for the dog that enhances its natural talents & instincts but if you want a designer dog, well, then you have a mutt just like me) and shelters are always over flowing.

So if you're in Minnesota and looking to adopt, please check out Matt & Maia's rescue. Apply to foster, donate crates, toys, time, energy or whatever you have. These dogs need the love and attention of a fabulous family.

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks from Pet Project Rescue! We love your blog:)